With the new year just around the corner, there’s no better time of the year to take a moment to reflect on what you want to accomplish in 2022.
Goal setting is one of the best ways to get ahead of the new year and in life - but only if you're setting your goals effectively!
Are you trying for unattainable goals that you aren't really passionate about? Do you quickly give up on your goals? It can be easy to get discouraged, but you don't have to end up there!
With the right strategies, you can set goals that really matter to you and meet them more easily than you ever imagined.
Most importantly, your goals should be yours and not someone else's. The goals that your parents, friends, and family members have for you may not be the same goals you have for yourself.
What's Important to YOU?
Too many people set goals to be rich, write a best-selling novel, or marry someone who's famous, wealthy, or otherwise important or influential. If those are truly your dreams, there's nothing wrong with them.
However, if they're just society's dreams - and not yours - let them go, and think about what really matters to you. What do you REALLY want?
When you're setting goals, stop and ask yourself, "What will bring me joy, beauty and happiness?"
Your goals might include things like:
- Starting your own business
- Changing careers
- Helping others
- Buying your own home
- Being physically fit
- Spending more time with your family
- Putting yourself first
No matter what you choose or how many goals you have, you can reach them if you're dedicated and committed to making them happen.
Making Your Dreams Come True
Once you've decided what really matters to you and you set your goals, you can begin to make them a reality in your life. Although your goals will take some work, watching them come to fruition is exciting and satisfying!
Consider these 6 important tips to mindfully crush your goals in the New Year:
- Keep your focus: Keep a picture of the life you desire at the forefront of your mind. When frivolous things try to distract you, as they will, remember to make choices according to what's really important to you.
- Take action toward your goal every day: Each day, find something you can do that will bring you a little closer to meeting your goal. When challenges arise, getting discouraged won't change anything, so seek solutions that can put you back on track. Just stay focused and adjust your plans as necessary.
- Be open to change: Your goals aren't set in stone. If you choose to change what you're focused on and set a new goal, that doesn't mean you've given up on your goals. It only means you've seen that your goals need to change, just as you change. That's a sign of growth and wisdom.
- Set realistic timelines: Some goals can be met in a day or a week, but larger goals often take months or years. When you set goals, it's important to be realistic about how long you expect them to take. If it's too far away, you might procrastinate, or you may not start at all. If it's too soon, you'll be frustrated and discouraged if you don't make your deadline.
- Chunk it down: Another great way to reach your goals is to divide big goals into smaller achievable goals. Each small goal is one step, or one task, on the way to achieving your ultimate goal. Set individual deadlines for these small steps. This way, you'll always be moving forward, one step at a time. For example, if your goal is to own your own business, there are things you'll need to look into like licensing, income, credit, location, and others. Each one of these tasks is one step. You could also subdivide these steps into even smaller goals.
- Avoid giving up: Many people give up on their goals just before they reach them, not even realizing how close they were.
Never give up! You may be closer than you think.
These strategies will enable you to not only reach your goal but also enjoy the journey along the way - all without feeling overwhelmed!
What goals have you set to love on yourself in the new year and beyond? If you're looking for fun, consistent and achievable ways to crush your self-care goals in 2022, then the Zen Collection Candle Box is your answer.
Sign up now and have your spa day and everything else you need to up your self-care game delivered!